The gang from Zombieland is back in the upcoming video game Zombieland VR: Headshot Fever, announced by Sony Pictures Virtual Reality (SPVR) and XR Games this afternoon.
Set in the Zombieland universe, the game will be releasing this Spring for Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, and later for PlayStation®VR.
The press release explains, “Inspired by light-gun games of the 90s and the racing games of today, Zombieland VR: Headshot Fever rewards skill, speed and accuracy with addictive gameplay, a range of powerful weapons and an exciting new Adrenaline system. Fans of the hit Zombieland movie franchise can step into VR to join Tallahassee, Wichita, Columbus and Little Rock as our four heroes roll up in Silicon Valley to launch a new kind of product; a zombie-killing race course called the Zombieland Invitational.”
“Zombieland VR: Headshot Fever combines classic arcade light-gun shooting with split- second racing mechanics. Two quick headshots turn the world slow, giving players more time to rack up combos, get faster times and claw their way to the top of the leaderboards with awesome weapons, powerful upgrades and head-popping, clock- stopping, zombie-killing arcade action!”
“Holing up in the best tech billionaire’s mansion they can find, they accidentally save YOU, a zombie apocalypse survivor living in the mansion’s panic room. That’s when they decide to train you to become the most badass zombie killer of all time. Play hard and earn their respect to unlock weapons, challenges, upgrades and perks!”
Unique features of the game include:
- Join the crew – Get trained up by Tallahassee, Wichita, Columbus and Little Rock to take on the undead.
- Adrenaline system – Two headshots in a row makes the world slow, use it to your advantage!
- Global leaderboards – Challenge your friends, beat their times and climb the global leaderboards.
- Powerful weapons – Unlock shotguns, revolvers, assault rifles and more to find your ideal loadout.
- Upgrade your arsenal – Improve your weapons with powerful upgrades and perks.
- The Zombieland Invitational – Take your skills, weapons, upgrades and perks into the fastest, most dangerous zombie killing race course ever devised.
- Built for VR from the ground up – Bringing light-gun shooters back from the dead, and into your home
You can check out the official announce trailer below, which is loaded with bloody head shots!